Friday, August 26, 2011

The Keynotes: A Brief Introduction

We are amazed and excited by the fantastic women (and man) who will be participating. I always wanted to get each panel and speaker on film, but now I'm determined to - I have no idea how I will decide which panel I will attend in the flesh. You can see details on all speakers on the registration site, but for a quick intro see below:

Friday night Dinner: Professor Jeff Hill will be joined by Chrysula Winegar to discuss how to make the workplace more family friendly. Jeff has studied this topic extensively, and has personal experience as a pioneering telecommuter for IBM in the 90's. Chrysula provides personal coaching on the subject and blogs about work/life balance here.

Keynote Speakers:
Cathy Chamberlain is the Managing Director for Market Strategy at Deseret Book. She has spent more than 30 years executing projects in communication, branding, and positioning strategies based on research for corporations, organizations, political parties, and candidates. Reading her full bio makes you wonder how she did so much in just one lifetime.


Linda Daines is a Managing Director Private Client Services for Goldman Sachs in New York City. She has an MBA from Columbia and raised her family in Manhattan. 


Jan Saumweber is Senior Vice President of the Global Market Team at Sara Lee Corporation. Previously she was an executive at ConAgra frozen foods and Coca-Cola Foods (now the Minute Maid Company). She and her husband have 4 grown children. She and I have emailed back and forth and I now desperately want to be her friend. She seems intelligent, kind, and fun. I'm thrilled I get to hear her speak.

1 comment:

  1. I'm especially interested in the insight that Jeff Hill and Chrysula Winegar will give at the Friday night dinner. Coming from an area that is not densely populated with LDS members, I feel that many think that work is work and home life is home life. It will be good to hear how they suggest incorporating these areas with one another, as both are very important parts of our lives! Looking forward to it!
    -Aurora Ebert

    ReplyDelete