Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Luncheon Speakers: Part 2

Finally! another installment of the women who will be leading the Industry Lunches:

Accounting: Edna Mullen
Edna earned both Bachelors and Masters degrees in Accounting from BYU. She spent three years working in Big Five (at the time) accounting in both Tax and Audit in Boston and New York City.  After marrying John Mullen, she left the large firms to work for a variety of companies in Boston, Greenwich (Connecticut), and San Francisco as her husband pursued his career and graduate degree . She currently works part-time from home during tax season for a regional accounting firm, and full-time from home as mother of her twin three-year-old daughters.  She and her family recently moved to the San Fransisco area. In her free time she sews, attempts woodworking, is learning to garden, makes nerdy toys for her kids, and tries to accomplish all the fun she can while she is home with her daughters.

Finance & Consulting: Jennifer Johnson
Jennifer Johnson, CFA, is the founder and President of Coraticum Asset Management, LLC.  She is also the fund manager, directing and executing all investment strategies.  She has both an undergraduate degree and an MBA from BYU.  From 2001 through 2006 she worked as an equity portfolio manager at Ensign Peak Advisors, Inc., the investment affiliate of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Her commitment to lifelong learning includes the completion of the CFA program (2006) and two sequential language immersion programs at the Spanish Language School of Middlebury College in Vermont (summers of 2006 and 2007).

Art & Design: Leslie Graff
I highlighted Leslie in an earlier post, as she'll be a panelist on the Staying Home, Staying Connected panel. Her art is really fabulous - below is a screenshot of her website, showing a piece from her motherhood series (this picture makes me want to get a creamsicle with my kids ASAP). She is probably fairly typical of many people in the art/design world - without meaning to, she has become a businesswoman. Marketing, sales, finance - all of these (and more) are part of being an artist.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to the luncheon where I can listen to a speaker of my choice that pertains to my interests. However I will have to make a tough decision between two, Leslie Graff and Edna Mullen. Leslie is my cousin so of course I want to hear her speak, but I'm also interested in majoring in Graphic Design so it would be appropriate with Leslie being an artist. But on the other hand, I have taken an accounting class and liked it too, so I'm thinking about accounting as a major as well. One of my concerns with majoring in accounting is if it is a realistic job for a mom to have and if it could work for me. So in that regard it might be good to hear from Edna Mullen and about her experience with accounting and still being a mother.
    - Brooke Weller

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is interesting post. Such parties are always nice. I also have to book business luncheon and would like to book a good corporate events Chicago venue for that. But I am not able to find a nice spot within the budget. I wonder if you could help regarding this!

    ReplyDelete